Re: Mining popocon data

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Rudi Cilibrasi wrote:

I have been studying Debian for six years and
I still feel like I have no idea about most packages.  I guess it must
be that much more confusing for the majority of our users and I would
love to make some nice automatic graphs of how different packages
relate according to usage, bdeps, deps, recs, etc.

For those who had no chance to visit this talk

    https://penta.debconf.org/~joerg/events/83.en.html

at DebConf7: There is some work in progress regarding answering the
feature: "Users who installed package A also installed packages B, C and D.

What I learned from this talk is: Data mining is expensive (regarding
machine power) but the results are promising.