Re: Misc development news

yn Wed, 21 Nov 2007, Charles Plessy wrote:

after running the following command, I think that the transition was
done in all our repository:

$ find . -name control | grep trunk/debian | xargs perl -i -pe 's/XS-Vcs/Vcs/'
$ find . -name control | grep trunk/debian | xargs svn commit -m "Removing obsolete XS- prefix"

Thanks.  I also wondered, which packages did not contain the tag at all (but
should because they are obviousely provided in a repository:

$ find . -name control | grep trunk/debian | xargs grep -l Vcs | sort > has_vcs
$ find . -name control | grep trunk/debian | sort > all $ diff has_vcs all
2a3
./arb/trunk/debian/control
3a5
./bioimagesuite/trunk/debian/control
9a12
./fact++/trunk/debian/control
10a14,15
./glam2/trunk/debian/control
./gnumed-client/trunk/debian/control
11a17
./haploview/trunk/debian/control
13a20
./libbioperl-run-perl/trunk/debian/control
16a24
./mira/trunk/debian/control
18a27
./njplot/trunk/debian/control
25a35
./readseq/trunk/debian/control
34a45
./volpack/trunk/debian/control

I know that I'm guilty for missing the tags - that's why I thought about
watching for it.  So we should change these as well ...

I do not know how to update the changelogs easily, so I decided that
this step can be skipped as the change is informational only and should
not modify the behaviour of the source or binary packages.

I agree that the atempt to automatically edit the changelog would be
error prone.  So perhaps maintainers of packages should have a look into
their svn checkouts and perhaps mention it in the changelog manually.
I agree there is no real harm done when this change is not mentioned
at all.

Thanks for your effort