Re: Can somebody sponsor dialign-t

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, Charles Plessy wrote:

although I do not expect users to decide to install one without the
other. But now I wonder if this fits the renewed interpretation of what
Recommends: means, now that front-ends to dpkg install them by default.

This is exactly what you want.  While users might install dialign-t-data
perfectly without breaking there system or the functionality of dialign-t-data
(which is prividing data for dialign-t ... the user might run a local
copy for whatever reason), it is _Recommended_ to install dialign-t as
well which is reasonably done by apt-get by default.

I think that I would only Suggest: dialign-t, to avoir a relationship
which would be too circular.

No.  Circular _Depends_ should be avioded.  I never heard that
circular _Recommends_ would cause any problem.  It just makes sense in
most use cases to not install dialign-t-data without dialign-t - so it
is _Recommended_.

Or how about: "This package contain the score matrices and probability
distribution files that DIALIGN-T needs to align peptidic and nucleic
sequences."

I prefer this one.

Thanks a lot for the help ! I am running out of time today to apply the
changes...

But there is so much time left for today - I think Nelson will not even
had Lunch today. ;-))

Have a nice day,

Sleep well