Re: Using DDTP translations

Il giorno Fri, 2 Nov 2007 23:37:57 +0100
David Paleino <d.paleino@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> /var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/debian-med/scripts/ddtp.py

The script now is called update-ddtp.

It should work, I've tested it locally with some packages (not with all 90, I'm
doing that only now), and it seemed working.

The first run on Alioth gave me:

$ time ./update-ddtp
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./update-ddtp", line 127, in ?
    parse_trans_status(item)
  File "./update-ddtp", line 65, in parse_trans_status
    desc_id = ids[0]
IndexError: list index out of range

real    21m18.276s
user    0m0.104s
sys     0m0.072s
$

Obviously something in parsing the DDTP page went wrong. I've added a few
print's to see where it blocks, and I'm now running it locally. Maybe I just
hit an exception to DDTP pages layout.

> Please consider that my local copy gets called by get-bugs.py (or update-bugs,
> it's the same script). If you want to ./ddtp.py, you have to hack it a bit
> (that is, just add a "print_pkgs([])" line at the end, it should work -- not
> tested though ;) )

Now this is an independent script: DDTP and Bugs are totally unrelated, so
they're run as different scripts: you can just ./update-ddtp.

Moreover, I've moved the tasks parsing functions into Tools.py, so we can
import them from future scripts.

However, currently the script takes just too long. I've tested it with just
three languages (de, it and fr), and it takes about 20 seconds/package. This
means half an hour for the whole thing. This is just odd. We should find
something to speed everything up, I've found probably [1], but it's not
applicable on Alioth IMHO (yes, the same code is present in python2.5).

Any ideas on how to accomplish this? It's not really a problem for Alioth I
suppose, but debugging becomes a pain... you have to wait half an hour to see
what your changes made. :S :S :S

Last note: I've not updated the crontab; this means that ddtp.php will stay in
"updating-please-wait mode" indefinitely, at least until I get the thing to
work. Don't send mails about ddtp.php not working, I already know ;)

Kindly,
David

[1] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-bugs-list/2002-March/010547.html

--