Re: [med-svn] r422 - in trunk/packages/infernal/trunk: . debian

Le Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 01:23:27PM +0000, smoe-guest@alioth.debian.org a écrit :

> If I could receive some feedback about how the compilation at your site
> is functioning and if ... most importantly ... the binaries themselves
> are functional, then this would be rather assuring.

Hi Steffen,

I never dared using infernal because of the following sentence in their
manual:

 Most importantly, INFERNAL is very slow and CPU-intensive. You will
 probably need a large number of CPUs in order to use it for serious
 work.

But maybe it is outdated ? I will give it a try next time I have an
interesting non-coding RNA in hand.

Infernal built fine on my ppc machine, and the binaries seem to be
functionnal at a first look, but I did not have time to check them whith
a real task. The makefile includes a check rule. How about enabling it
at build time ?

(I did not try to pbuild infernal, however)

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org