Re: Is copying parts of research papers to the description of a package a "fair use" ?

On Wednesday 29 August 2007 14:41, Charles Plessy wrote:
> I just realised that I made many package descriptions by cut-and-paste
> from published articles, and I wonder if it is a fair use or a copyright
> infringement ?

The description is a very short excerpt, you explicitly list the source. That
is quoting in my book - of course I'm not a legal expert but I would be
highly surprised if anyone would be offended by it, let alone make a
successful court case out of it and wins too.

Thijs