Re: Can somebody sponsor the new package mafft ?

On Sunday 5 August 2007 11:28, Charles Plessy wrote:
> dget -x
> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mafft/mafft_6.240-1.dsc

Looks good, I've uploaded it. One comment; you are probably aware of the
following lintian warnings. It may be good to see if they can be fixed in a
subsequent version.

W: mafft source: debian-rules-ignores-make-clean-error line 48
W: mafft: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/mafft-distance
W: mafft: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/mafft-nwns
W: mafft: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/mafft-nwnsi
W: mafft: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/nwns
W: mafft: binary-without-manpage usr/bin/nwnsi

> This package ships a ruby script which is unlikely to be used by most
> people installing the package. I decided the have ruby only as Suggests,
> but as a consequence, one can not say that everything works out of the
> box in this package. If this is a problem, I would rather move the
> script in /usr/share/mafft/examples.

I think this is fine as it is.

Thijs