Re: Open Bioinformatics Foundation BOSC Live CD

Le Tue, Jul 31, 2007 at 10:29:21PM +0200, Steffen Moeller a écrit :

> The web site
>         http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/BOSC/liveCD
> shows the progress in this endevour and collects references to material
> tagged to be included.

Hi Steffen,

very interesting news !

What platforms are intended to be supported by this liveCD ? Depending
on the choice, it may be interesting to think about bringing into it an
increased Java support. I am myself Java ignorant, but I found that in
the area of systems biology it takes sometimes the lion share for some
tasks. I never tried to package anything just because Java is still such
a mess untill Sun's freed version will be broadly available. But with
the liveCD as a driving force, we could maybe think about expanding our
coverage of Java programs.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy