Re: Wise tools are in Debian ... missing on Web page though

On Sat, 7 Jul 2007, Charles Plessy wrote:

Steffen, you chose Priority: extra for exonerate. How about Priority:
optional ? Or maybe we need a priority policy for Debian-Med ? Or maybe
not, because it almost does not make a difference ;)

Deciding about optional and extra is some kind of flipping a coin.
For the meta packages I decided for "extra" because an optional
package can not depend from a package with priority extra and there
are definitely priority extra out there.  So from the meta package
point of view there is no reason for a certain priority.  I don't
know any other technical reason.