Re: [med-svn] reduce size of svn ?

Le Sat, Jun 30, 2007 at 08:27:42PM +0200, Steffen Moeller a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I just checked out a prestine debian-med source tree and was interested in the
> sizes of the individual folders:
>
> moeller@notebook:~/alioth/debian-med/trunk/packages$ du -sh *
> 2,6M    amap-align
> 236K    bioperl
> 1,8M    boxshade
> 9,5M    clustalw
> 33M     ctn
> 6,0M    dialign
> 120K    fact++
> 200K    gbrowse
> 4,9M    kalign
> 404K    libsbml
> 224K    mafft
> 28M     melting
> 7,7M    muscle
> 8,4M    perlprimer
> 23M     phylographer
> 2,5M    poa
> 102M    primer3
> 2,8M    probcons
> 136K    proda
> 7,0M    rnahybrid
> 9,0M    seaview
> 248K    sibsim4
> 6,2M    sigma-align
> 27M     treeviewx
>
> If we forget for a moment that there are users and developers that only have a
> dialup account, I still think that anything above 2.5M or so I would rather
> see to be organised in the merge mode. It is just more fun then to download
> the whole Debian-Med tree and possibly quickly fix a typo here or there
> without bilding everything.

Hi Steffen,

Many of these programs are very rarely updated, so I would rather push
the limit up to a soft limit around 6-7 Mo, in order to keep all the
command-line programs. It makes patching a bit easier if everything is
in the svn.

For treeviewx, melting, and maybe perlprimer, they are graphical
programs, so yes, it is maybe too big to keep everything in the svn.

For primer3, what a shock, I do not understand how I managed to waste so
much space ! Sorry for the long download :(

What is the most time-efficent method to migrate to merge mode ? At
worse, we could juste delete and re-import. Complexity of the pacakges
is low enough that we do not depend on the possibility to reverse past
changes now.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy