Re: emboss-explorer: status

Hi David!

On 5/29/07, David Paleino <d.paleino@gmail.com> wrote:
what's the status of emboss-explorer? It hasn't been uploaded, and it's
still waiting in mentors.debian.net. I believe it hasn't any more
problems, or maybe I forgot to fix some?

Sorry for the delay. I was moving to a new job, I have 341 emails on
inbox... it's a mess here :-)
If everything went fine, emboss-explorer is now waiting on the NEW queue.

And just two doubts, that can be fixed on a new release after (if it's
really necessary to fix): emboss-explorer depends on emboss and
emboss-data, but emboss already depends on emboss-data, so a depends
on emboss-data shouldn't be necessary (unless one day emboss stops
depending on emboss-data).

Charles, is it possible that some day emboss won't depends anymore on
emboss-data?

And the other doubt is why apache is used first (also on the depends
line), instead apache2 (seems that Andreas also has this doubt). I
think that if a user selects the "Web-server task" while installing
Debian, he will get apache2 installed.

But as I said, they can be fixed later, if needed.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Nelson