Re: RFS: emboss-explorer

On Mon, 21 May 2007, David Paleino wrote:

I've fixed this, with a "chown www-data" in the postinst.

Fine.

I'd prefer using /var/www/, as these output files should be (IMHO) accessible
also from outside (i.e. the Internet) without any further configuration (i.e.
symlinking or some other hack).

Perfectly OK.

The problem is that the config file is in /usr/share/perl5/blablabla/Conf.pm.
When the package gets updated, the file is flawlessly substituted, because it's
not a conffile.

The package I'm uploading now has a /etc/emboss-explorer.conf symlink pointing
to /usr/share/perl5/EMBOSS/GUI/Conf.pm. I'm adding that path also to
debian/emboss-explorer.conffiles.

It should be the other way around:  The real file should be
    /etc/emboss-explorer.conf
and the symlink should be /usr/share/perl5/EMBOSS/GUI/Conf.pm pointing
to the file in /etc.  There is no need to tag any file in /etc as
conffile.