EDI and Medicaid

I didn't see an IRC channel listed for debian-med, so I hope that it's
okay to be posting more support-type messages here.

Now, I'm helping a local medical practice set up its own Medicaid
billing.  The process, near as I can tell, runs like this:  Submit
Medicaid claims via EDI (format comparable to XML) to their servers,
then receive, each week, a receipt for those claims as well as a
direct deposit.  What I'm looking for is software that manages this,
preferably licensed under the GPL.  Thus far, Google hasn't been of
much help, nor has my browsing of various distributions.

The Ohio Medicaid service provides only this (extremely sketchy)
documentation:

http://hipaa.ohio.gov/odjfs/infoguide/file_delivery.htm

Thank you very much!
Michael