Re: Package status in Debian-med website

On replies please Cc: me, I'm not subscribed to the debian-med list.

El Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 08:55:53PM +0100, Andreas Tille va escriure:
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Charles Plessy wrote:
>
> >The second point is not really technical, but the first point has been
> >discussed a few times in the past. I had a quick look as the sources of
> >the metapackage, and it should not be too difficult to write a webpage
> >generator from them. I think that it would be a very useful tool, which
> >we could expand.
>
> One thing I forgot this morning is that there is even some code
> there at
>
>      https://mixinet.net/trac/cddt/browser/trunk
>
> The cddtk (CDD ToolKit) code was written by Sergio Talens-Oliag
> but I think he stalled development since he had a new job.
> (Sergio, could you comment on this in case I'm wrong?).

Yes, development is stalled but I'll be happy and willing to help if someone
is interested in using and/or improving it.

My plan was, an still is, to work again on it if I find a project that allows
me to use my work hours to do it, in the worst case I know that I'll need to
build derived distributions for internal use, so I will be able to assign
myself time for the project, but I have a lot of other things to do first, so
I don't know when I'll be able to do it.

Anyway, if the original sender explains to me what does he or she wants to do
we can try to do it using the existing system, the idea was that it should
more or less be compatible with the existing debian-edu and debian-med
description files.

> Under
>
>      http://people.debian.org/~tille/cdd/ch-todo.en.html#s-visibility
>
> paragraph 8.2.2 there is a use case for this stuff.  I just
> wanted to mention this to avoid you try to reinvent what was
> just written in Python and is probably very useful.

Greetings,

  Sergio.

--
Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org>   <http://people.debian.org/~sto/>
Key fingerprint = 29DF 544F  1BD9 548C  8F15 86EF  6770 052B  B8C1 FA69