Re: Package status in Debian-med website

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006, Michael Hanke wrote:
	dinifti - Debian package not available

This should be updated as dinifti aka dicomnifti is in unstable.

http://packages.debian.org/unstable/science/dicomnifti

You are right here in this special case.  But I think we
have to help Tobias to keep up his good work on the web pages.
Perhaps we should write some kind of "codex" for developers of
Debian-Med related packages.  After they notice that one of
their packages hit testing they should make sure that two
people will be informed:

     1. The person who cares for Debian-Med web site (currently
        this job is done by Tobias Toedter - thanks Tobias and
        I just repeat my request for other people to help out
        him).

     2. The maintainer of the debian-med source package (currently
        me - it is not really that much work that I would need
        urgent help).  This also could be done in the form of
        a bug report severity wishlist: Please include foo into
        med-bar.

The easiest way to inform these people is to write a short mail
to the Debian-Med list witt subject:

     [ANN] foo - a program to do bar - hit unstable

This would ensure that we keep things that need to be updated
easily up to date.

Apropos up to date:  The latest Debian-Med news is older than one
year which makes not a really good impression. So we might be able
to add a news item featuring

   * Debian-Med 0.12 released and this will probably be the
     version that will go into Etch.  (I do not plan to issue
     a further version because we are in the freeze phase - so
     dinifti will not be included, sorry.)
   * New Packages with medical background in Debian-Med
     * ...
     * ...
   * any more suggestions?

Kind regards and by the way thanks to all who keep up the good
work