Re: DEBIAN GENOMICS

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 04:17:03PM +0200, Waste Crap wrote :
>    Hi everyone!

Dear... err... Waste Crap.

>    What is it, then? It is 'just' a CD+DVD Knoppix
> Remaster designed mainly for Microbiology and
> Genomics. It has all the packages containing free
> software devoted to those tasks that I could find and
> pack, as well as the latest updates for many packages
> including kde, gnome... Besides, it includes many docs
> and some nice designs that make using it more
> attractive.

I am also trying to add many packages related to molecular biology,
bioinformatics, genomics and systems biology in Debian. I am summarising
the programs which could or could not enter in debian in lists stored
on the debian wiki, such as http://wiki.debian.org/DebianSequenceAnalysis

Did you package some programs from scratch ? Do you see overlaps with
the software you packaged ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy