Tagging medical applications (Was: Bug-Squashing Party: April 20th-23rd)

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006, Charles Plessy wrote:

I was wondering if there were tools to monitor debian-med as a whole. It
seems that in the future, Debtags will be an exciting tool, but what for
now?

Start tagging medical applications.
Thanks for bringing this up.  Tagging our applications to have an
alternative to the meta packages system is on my agenda for about
one year.  Unfortunately my activity in this issues is a little bit
stalled until summer of this year because of real live issues.

The Debian-Jr people seemed to have settled down with tagging their
applications and my suggestion would be to have a look at their
tags and adopt the ideas.  If someone would take over the job of
defining a tag system and would CC also the debtags mailing list
I would be more than happy.