Re: Packages to upgrade before the freeze

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Charles Plessy wrote:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=upgrade;users=debian-med@lists.debian.org

Great idea!  Thanks for this.

I want to add that I stalled fixing the four open bugs of gnumed-client

    http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=gnumed-client

once upstream has published a fixed source tarball.  The current version
suffers from some encoding problems and they announced an update "soon".
SO even if these bugs would belong into your list you can save the time
for tagging - I have it in my focus.

How important would you rate:

 #364908: Please build arb for powerpc

The problem is that upstream of Arb has kind of a strange release
behaviour.  They issue tarballs from time to time but do not release
a stable version.  When asking in private mail I've got the answer
that the Debian released version might be "more stable" than the
newer released tarballs.  All in all it is hard to decide which
version should be in Debian and manual package building on different
architectures (arb is non-free unfortunately) makes only sense if
you can be sure that users will need it.  The fact that I do not
own a powerpc makes it even worse.