DEBIAN GENOMICS

   Hi everyone!

   First of all, my apologizes for using this account,
but I am a bit tired of getting spam :-)

   A few days ago, I completed a new GNU/Linux Live
Distro set (CD+DVD). It is based on Knoppix -as you
may have already guessed- and it's not about a new
Debian-Med project nor that it tries to compete with
other outstanding efforts such as Quantian, BioKnoppix
just to cite some.

   What is it, then? It is 'just' a CD+DVD Knoppix
Remaster designed mainly for Microbiology and
Genomics. It has all the packages containing free
software devoted to those tasks that I could find and
pack, as well as the latest updates for many packages
including kde, gnome... Besides, it includes many docs
and some nice designs that make using it more
attractive.

   Even if it is far from perfect, I think it can be
good and useful for researchers in this area, and
maybe a good gateway to future adoption of GNU/Linux
as a useful tool at labs and research facilities.

   It is of my utmost desire to share my work (in case
someone found it interesting) but there is no way I
can publish it. This is why I am asking you to have a
look at the ISOs and test them. If you think they are
worth it, I could maybe upload the ISOs to a Debian
server later. The point is to make them available
right know because it might not make sense to upload
them once the updates are no longer up-to-date.

   What do you think?

   Thanks in advance!