Re: Debian-med Subversion repository

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 04:05:05PM +0100, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote :

> Any other debian-med package that wants to make use of the SVN
> repository can do so.

Hi all,

I contacted the people of Bio-Linux, and they are very interestd to
contribute their souces packages to Debian. I suggested that alioth
could be used for this purpose. Their packages are i386 only, install
their binaries in /usr/local, and are likely to break other parts of the
policy, so they have to be worked a bit before being ready for upload in
the debian archives. I suggested them to mail the list directly for
discussing the process more in details, so I hope that we will get
contacted next week.

http://envgen.nox.ac.uk/biolinux.html
http://envgen.nox.ac.uk/bio-linux/dists/unstable/bio-linux/binary-i386/

I think that the majority of their packages are in the area covered by
the microbio.wml page of the debian-med website, so they are interesting
for debian-med.

One thing that we would need to discuss is how on the debian side we
would like to operate. Do you have any experience of, or opinion about
collaborative mainainership ?

Best regards,

--
Charles