Re: [tillea@rki.de: Re: Debtags for medical issues]

    > I think a tag like works-with::image:dicom is appropriate
    > (the raster part is not really necessary). DICOM is a
    > standard that carries images and associated medical
    > data. To me it makes sense to see DICOM as a subcategory of
    > image: it's a very extended format which can carry a lot of
    > things, but it all starts with image related things.

Actually it starts with image /transfer/ related things.  As a
researcher who primarily treats DICOM as an image file format, I
find is necessary to keep reminding myself that clinically, DICOM
is a transfer protocol and is used for network communications
primarily.  If Joe Clinician from my department sits down and
installs something that "works with dicom" and then finds that it
doesn't provide the network communications, he'll be very
confused.  Hence my previous suggestion that there be a dicom tag
and a dicom-media tag, to make that distinction clear.

Mike