VetTux Free and Open Source?

Dear VetTux Authors,

I discovered your site a week ago, and was happy to find another
medical software application for Linux, written for the KDE desktop.

Even happier reading that "VetTux is free", I pointed the Debian-Med
mailing list readers to it, asking for addition to the Debian-Med website.

It is with regret that I now find out that the VetTux source code is
not really "free", not even "open".

I am not a potential user of veterinary software myself, but suppose
that there are some (possibly even on the Debian-Med mailing list),
who would be very happy to see a good application such as yours open-
sourced. Not at least, it would enable us to collaborate with you,
package your software and distribute it with "Debian", one of the most
famous and wide-spread free operating systems.

You may want to have a look at the Debian-Med website:
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/
or contact the Debian-Med mailing list:
debian-med@lists.debian.org

Thanks,