BioLinux-Br ... what's so different in BioInformatics in Brasilia?

Hi,

I just noticed the BioLinux-BR Project in Brasilia and I have to say: I like it.

My question is now: Does BioInformatics in Brasila work different than in other
parts of the world, where people are using Debian.  You people seems to have
done an amazingly good job in providing many biological free software as Debian
packages at

     http://biolinux.df.ibilce.unesp.br/downloads.en.php

My question is: Is there any reason why you did not join the Debian-Med effort
and enhance the biological stuff there

     http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/microbio

instead of serving an extra archive.  I would love to support all your changes
you would need for localisation and whatever to go into Debian.  In the end
official packages will make your work easier on one side and Debian better on
the other side.  So please lets coordinate our efforts instead of doubling work.