Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 12:42:46 +0200
From: Koray Atalag <atalagk@yahoo.com>
To: openhealth-list@minoru-development.com
Subject: RE: small practice management programs

Hi all,

I can also recommend strongly the openSDE project from Erasmus University
Medical Informatics group. It is by far the best structured data entry tool
for clinical medicine and is distributed with the GNU Lesser Public license
so that it can be integrated with propriety systems (In fact in the
Netherlands there are some ongoing projects with the industry)

It is again at SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/project/opensde

Another good place to check recent open source health/medical apps is to
search in sourceforge.net site...It is quite a dynamic and very rich
resource indeed.

One last comment - well kind of seld advertising but I have just published
late last nite the true multilingual version of my Anatomic Pathology
System, PATHOS-WEB. This project started in 1995 when I was still a med
student and grew to an extent that now it is being used in 20+ big centers
in Turkey with total record numbers exceeding 1.5 million! Since March 2005
it is Open Source with GPL. It is mostly used in group practice for
pathologists and cytologists.

PATHOS-WEB URL: http://sourceforge.net/project/pathos-web

I am currently doing research to use openEHR archetypes and templates for
modeling of concepts and creating dynamic GUIs as part of my Ph.D. work.

Cheers,

Dr. Koray Atalað