Re: [Announce] Debian packages of ITK 1.6.0 now available

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Andreas Tille wrote:

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Andreas Tille wrote:

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, Gavin Baker wrote:
I'm thinking maybe a CVS release with a different soversion might be the
best way to go (for now to go into the archive), then a formal release
once 1.8 goes gold.  Thoughts?
If you ask me, just release now 1.6 and once 1.8 is finished replace it
by the new version.
This mail was nearly one year ago.  Any news from ITK (cableswig/insight) ?

I would love to sponsor your packages. If you tell me that they are ready
I would have a look at them again.

Sorry for warming up a very old thread, but I want to make sure that all
involved people might notice that there is something going on into this
issue.  Please see

and the following mails in this thread.