Re: Debian-paket für GDE

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005, Amalia van Slooten wrote:

Hallo Herr Tille,
It is fine if you write to me in person in German but this is
a good topic for Debian-Med list and people do speak English here.
So I just answer in English

ich finde das "Frontend" GDE

http://www.bioafrica.net/GDElinux/

für die Genetikprogrammen sehr nutzlich, aber es gibt leider kein Debian-paket für GDE.  Deshalb würden Sie das Program GDE auch debianizieren?
Once I found the source for GDE

     http://ftp.bio.indiana.edu/soft/molbio/unix/GDE/

and it seems to be not really maintained.  So if you have a link
to a recent source which is worth packaging we could start the
normal process for including software.  Just in case you have not
read the relevant docs, I have written it down here:

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/paper-cdd/debian-cdd.html/ap-bts.en.html#s-howto_itp

It would be great if you would have a link to the current source
and if it is worth packaging I see good chances.

Kind regards and many thanks for your input