debian-med_0.9_i386.changes ACCEPTED (fwd)

Hi,

here comes the changelog of the latest debian-med meta packages:

 debian-med (0.9) unstable; urgency=low
 .
   * Removed gnutrion from tools because it was removed from Debian at all
   * Rebuilded with cdd-dev 0.3.10 version
   * med-bio:
      Depends: muscle, gff2aplot, t-coffee, gff2ps, gdpc
      Suggests: arb
   * med-bio-dev
      Recommends: libvibrant6-dev
      Why: libmotif-dev conflicts lesstif-dev, so if someone wants to
           install libmotif-dev it must be possible to deinstall
          libvibrant6-dev without beeing forced to deinstall med-bio-dev
          as well
      Depends: python-biopython
   * med-imaging:
      paul now Recommends not Depends
      Depends: dcmtk
      Recommends: pngquant
   * med-tools:
      Depends: cycle
      Suggests: cl-pubmed
                Strong dependency would cost installing a large amount
               of Common Lisp tools which in most cases is not worth
               the effort
   * Added user menu entries: bio/gff2aplot.txt, bio/gff2ps.txt,
     bio/muscle.txt, bio/t-coffee.txt, bio/boxshade.txt,
     bio-dev/python-biopython.txt, imaging/dcmtk.txt
   * Added charset to debian/po.stub/de.po

Remarks to this release:

  1. The former version (0.8.9) resided in experimental for quite a long
     time.  The reason was, that it depended from cdd-0.3.9 which also
     was moved to experimental, to not break anything for Sarge release.
     At the time I decided to do so I did not thought that Sarge release
     will last so long.  We could have made it stable over a long time,
     but it does not really matter.
  2. In cdd-0.3.10 I did some changes which might cause trouble I did
     not have foreseen.  If you are using the new med-* metapackages and
     recognize some things which do not work, please do not hesitate to
  3. Since the CDD-meeting in Florence in September last year, people
     decided to rewrite the cdd package which is used to build the
     meta packages by something which is really better, much more
     flexible, etc. - just the right tool to take over world domination. ;-)
     I will now move to the slightly different format of the new tools
     and try to adapt everything to the new stuff.  In consequence this
     might lead to broken packages for some points in time.  But hey,
     these packages will go to experimental or unstable - both distributions
     have their names for a reason. ;-)

Further plans besides the move to the new cdd tool:

  1. Finalize gnumed packaging
  2. Get NetEpi packaged

Both things should be finished after a short time past DebConf in Helsinki
(if not even finished in Helsinki).

Moreover there is the conference in Utrecht:

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/200507_biomed/

The paper is now the final verison, slides are not yet available.