Re: I want to colaborate with debian-med

On Sun, 22 May 2005, Andreas Tille wrote:

I did not builded nor tested the package until now but will leave you
I tried to build your mummer package now and I have to admit that
I observed a strange effect I did not observed before:

cp /home/andreas/debian-maintain/sponsor/adrian/mummer/mummer-3.17/scripts/* /home/andreas/debian-maintain/sponsor/adrian/mummer/mummer-3.17/debian/mummer/usr/share/mummer/scripts
chmod 644 /home/andreas/debian-maintain/sponsor/adrian/mummer/mummer-3.17/debian/mummer/usr/share/mummer/scripts/*
cp -r /home/andreas/debian-maintain/sponsor/adrian/mummer/mummer-3.17/docs/web/* /home/andreas/debian-maintain/sponsor/adrian/mummer/mummer-3.17/debian/mummer-doc/usr/share/mummer-doc/
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_installchangelogs ChangeLog
dh_installdocs
dh_installexamples
dh_installman
dh_link
dh_strip
dh_compress
dh_fixperms
dh_installdeb
dh_shlibdeps
dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: ldd on `debian/mummer/usr/bin/annotate' gave error exit status 1
dh_shlibdeps: command returned error code 256
make: *** [binary-arch] Fehler 1
debuild: fatal error at line 765:
dpkg-buildpackage failed!
$ ldd -v debian/mummer/usr/bin/annotate
        not a dynamic executable

So something is wrong here and I have to find out what.  I guess something
has to be done with Makefile options.  Moreover I would suggest you to make
use of dh_install instead of copying single files inside the debian/rules
file.  Just have a look into the manual and create apropriate debian/install
files.