imview for medical imaging?

Hi,

I just noticed the description of imview from

     http://bugs.debian.org/226436

which might be interesting for medical imaging.  The submitter mentioned
inofficial packages at mentors.  If somebody likes to test this program
and could convince me to sponsor this I would be willing to do so.  But
it certainly needs a relevance for medical images and an inclusion into
med-imaging should be a precondition for taking over the sponsorship.

Moreover I want to inform you that I started browsing the curren WNPP bug
list for bugs relevant for Debian-Med.  As I described in

     http://people.debian.org/~tille/cdd/ap-bts.en.html#s-howto_itp

I tagged the relevant bug titles with "[med-xyz]" tags.  Just see at

     http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=wnpp&include=subject:%5bmed-

the resulting output.  If somebody else knows about other ITP / RFP bugs
which are not yet tagged please do so or send me a mail in case you have
no idea what to do to set the tag.