Re: DICOM viewer for Linux

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Jeff Rasmussen wrote:

Has anyone found a decent DICOM viewer for Linux.s

If I'm searching for something in Debian I just try

~$ apt-cache search dicom
ctn - Runtime files for Central Test Node, a DICOM implementation
ctn-dev - Development files for Central Test Node, a DICOM implementation
ctn-doc - Documentation for Central Test Node, a DICOM implementation
dcmtk - The OFFIS DICOM toolkit command line utilities
dcmtk-doc - The OFFIS DICOM toolkit documentation
dcmtk-www - The OFFIS DICOM toolkit worklist www server application
libdcmtk0 - The OFFIS DICOM toolkit runtime libraries
libdcmtk0-dev - The OFFIS DICOM toolkit development libraries and headers
libmdc2 - Medical Image (DICOM, ECAT, ...) conversion tool
libmdc2-dev - Medical Image (DICOM, ECAT, ...) conversion tool
medcon - Medical Image (DICOM, ECAT, ...) conversion tool
xmedcon - Medical Image (DICOM, ECAT, ...) conversion tool

The package dcmtk is quite new in Debian and thus not yet included in
med-imaging packages.  My plan was not to change debian-med packages
until Sarge release any more - but it might happen that I change this
plan because of the slow progress.

I guess other people on this list might be able to give better comments
on which one is probably your best friend.

I'm trying to
compile DICOMscope and amide.  Both seem to have something broken.
These are listed at

    http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/imaging

as kind of "we might package these programs in the future".  Your experiences
(what is exactly broken etc.) might help to decide whether they are worth
packaging.  If they have some concrete flaws we should mention these on
this page.