Debian package for MEME motif search available

Hello,

I created a first Debian package for MEME. The tool is well known in the
community. It has some drawbacks like that it differnetially find
patterns that are only in one set of sequences but not in another (SPEXS
can do that) but it is well accepted in the community.

Cheers,

Steffen

It is available (as usual) at
http://bioinformatics.pzr.uni-rostock.de/~moeller/debian/meme
I'd be happy for anybody to jump in to write the man pages, separate the
website to an extra package and maybe even prepare the MPI-based parallel
binaries in yet another package. So - while of interest to the community
the package is not yet ready for being sponsored, I am afraid.

sequences
 MEME (Multiple EM for Motif Elicitation) discovers motifs in sequences.
 .
 A motif is a sequence pattern that occurs repeatedly in a group
 of related protein or DNA sequences. Motifs are represented as
 position-dependent scoring matrices that describe the score of each
 possible letter at each position in the pattern. Individual motifs may
 not contain gaps but combinations of patterns may be elucidated.
 .
 The output of MEME may be forwarded to the program MAST of this package
 for the search in sequence databases.
 .
  Homepage: http://meme.sdsc.edu