Re: Gnumed Install

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Piero BoisAubin wrote:

Can anyone point me to gnumed install docs.  I have
installed the pre-requisites and downloaded gnumed
from CVS.
Well, if you downloaded GnuMed from CVS you also have the docs which are
available.   Moreover there is a Wki page.

But if you are asking on the debian-med list, why not using the (inofficial!)
packages from

    http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/gnumed/

I tried the setup.py script which dies on
the second line with the message ".....FIX IT".  I'm
not trying to make a CD just need to install on a
single machine.
Fine.  Just try the packages I mentioned above.  WARNING:  You will not be able
to connect to the local GnuMed server.  This is the reason why the packages are
not yet uploaded to the official mirror.  I'm just busy with this stuff, but
if you want to check the program with the public server the packages are working
fine.

I'm going through the archives; some help could save
me a lot of time
Please note that this is a list discussing packaging issues of medical
software for Debian.  If you are not interested in packaging and testing
Debian packages but only on running GnuMed from CVS a more GnuMed specific
list might be of more help because you can ask the experts.