Open source tools for population health epidemiology and public health (fwd)

Hi,

I think this might be interesting for some people here ...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 15:19:05 +1100
From: Tim Churches <tchur@optushome.com.au>
To: openhealth-list@minoru-development.com
Subject: Open source tools for population health epidemiology and public
    health

I am pleased to announce that developmental versions of some tools for population
health epidemiology and public health are now available under a free, open source
software license - see http://www.netepi.org (please note that the release notes for
the NetEpi Analysis tool can be found in the documentation section of the project web
page on SourceForge).

The current development team (comprising two members: Andrew McNamara and
myself) will be working on NetEpi fairly intensively over the first half of 2005, with a
view to a "Version 1.0" release of the tools by mid-year. We would be very happy to
hear from anyone wishing to contribute to development in any way, including
assistance with informal and/or formal testing of each new version.

Wishing everyone a safe and happy Festive Season and a free and open source
New Year,

Tim C
Sydney, Australia