Help packaging M[UMPS] and OpenVistA?

I have just started writing documents for the OpenVistA project
at SourceForge, http://sourceforge.net/projects/openvista/. It
consists of GT.M, a Free (GPL) version of M (aka MUMPS
[Massachusetts General Hospital Utility Multiprogramming
System]), and a massive hospital information system built on it,
also under GPL. OpenVistA was created from the US Veterans
Administration hospital software under the Freedom of
Information Act.

I would like someone to take a look and tell me what we need to
do to get this packaged up, as a separate language and as a
complete system. I also need help to find out how to create a
syntax coloring mode for MUMPS in various text editors.

MUMPS was originally an interpreted language that can now be
compiled. Its basic datatypes are the string and the associative
array, and it has a very simple syntax (no precedence; strict
left-to-right execution for binary functions, and strict
right-to-left for unary functions). It is of general interest
because it has a distributed database system built in, capable
of extremely efficient operation on the largest scale.
--
Edward Cherlin, Simputer Evangelist
Encore Technologies (S) Pte. Ltd.