Why Python ? Why PostgreSQL ?

Hello !

It's very kind of you to answer me.

Just a few points :

1/ the ASM software deals with Animal Shelters management. It seems to be
adaptable to a veterinary practice (it offers management of "clients" and
animals files) but it is copyrighted and I don't know if it can be modified
freely.

2/ I read from the responses that I would rather study Python than Tcl. I'd
like to have some arguments (if possible) for this choice. I had a look to
web sites in french I could find and they offer large amounts of information
(tutorials and so on).

3/ Why using PostgreSQL instead of MySQL ? It seems that PostgreSQL is more
comprehensive that MySQL but it is not very clear in my mind. SQLite is quite
a simplification of MySQL.

I would be nice to read from you

Pierre DELGOVE