Re: MeSH

(Ian: FYI)

Liz,
> I just found this when looking for drugs.
I think you are doing one great job in true Open Source fashion
quietly and persistently digging for data sharing what you
found and eventually massaging the data into some better
usable format. Do you have any plans on collaborating with
drugref.org, say as a "free-lance data mining expert" ?

> This is pretty nice data.
> Does anyone know where it comes from?
>
> Medical Subject Headings
> http://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/2002/
I take it you _are_ aware of the fact the MeSH is being used
to classify Medline entries ?  It's maintained by the NLM as
part of the UMLS (Unified Medical Language System or along
those lines) - IIRC.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346