Re: [ANNOUNCE] Insight Toolkit 1.2 for Debian (unofficial)

On 5 Jun 2003, Gavin Baker wrote:

> Unofficial Debian packages are now available for:
>
> -= The Insight Segmentation and Registration Toolkit (ITK) =-
Thanks for supporting Debian-Med!

> For visualisation, the powerful VTK is most popular, but a number of
> options are available:
>
>     - The Visualisation Toolkit (VTK) - http://www.vtk.org/
Which is just packaged for Debian:
              apt-cache search vtk

>     - VisPack - http://rolle.engr.utk.edu/~vision/vispack/
>     - 3dViewnix - http://mipgsun.mipg.upenn.edu/~Vnews/
Would you suggest to ask for packaging of these both?  Could you file
a RFP bug if the answer is 'yes'?

> A number of GUI toolkits have been used and integrated.  The following
> are known to work (and examples are available):
>
>     - The Gimp Toolkit (Gtk+) - http://www.gtk.org/
>     - The Fast Light Toolkit (FLTK) - http://www.fltk.org/
>     - The Q Toolkit (Qt) - http://www.qtk.org/
All this is available for Debian.

> * Where can I get the packages?
>
> Currently the packages are unofficial (ie. not a part of Debian).  Soon
> the packages will be included in Debian main,
Did you found a sponsor yet?

> and incorporated into the Debian-Med project.
Would you suggest that med-imaging and med-imaging-dev are the right
meta packages?

> The packages are available from the Debian Mentors repository at:
>
>     http://mentors.debian.net/
I found the binary packages including *.diff.gz and *.dsc in the binary section.
Unfortunately the source directory (where *.diff.gz and *.dsc would belong to)
is empty and so I'm not able to compile the package from source.  This is perhaps
a problem of mentors.debian.net.