Re: ANNOUNCE: usfda-ndc-drug-info v0.4

Andreas wrote:

> You just provided a *.dsc and a *.diff.gz file to enable building a
> Debian package from source.  This intention is right but you are
> missing the file usfda-ndc-drug-info_0.4a.orig.tar.gz which is
> mentioned in the *.dsc file.

It is updated:

and it should build on your machine. The build errors were because of:

   * a newer libxml2-dev installation on your machine (I upgraded to
     the testing version)
   * your C++ compiler (g++-3.2) is more strict than my standard C++
     complier (g++-2.95) so I re-wrote the test macro in configure.ac.

> Normally it would be sufficient to do a
>
>  ln -s usfda-ndc-drug-info-0.4a.tar.gz usfda-ndc-drug-info_0.4a.orig.tar.gz
>
> at least it is the sense to provide a identical copy of the original
> source file in the orig.tar.gz file.  But I tried this and the
> orig.tar.gz file seemed to be different because...

For some reason, this build did not include a diff but rather
generated a new source tarball although I did do the "ln -s" thing
prior to the build. Anyway, I simply placed both versions on
sourceforge; maybe I'll figure it out sufficiently for the next
release!

Thank you, Elizabeth