Re: Taking over orphaned biology packages

Andreas Tille writes:

>> What all is involved?

> Sorry, I do not understand your question.  Please explain.

   What all is involved in maintaining these packages or, for that
matter, any debian package?

   I've not maintained a package before, which is why I ask. What all
does one do when he or she becomes the maintainer of a package?

   I'm slightly interested in maintaining the fastlink package. I
briefly looked into it and it seems like its a suite of command-line
tools probably written in C which I think would be fun to investigate
and update for compatibility reasons if necessary.

   Sincerely, Elizabeth