Re: Status of the Medicine Database

 http://www.psnw.com/~alcald/apothecary.html

> I am curious about the data itself; this is good stuff:

> I am just wondering where he pulled it from and if it is public
> domain/free.
AFAIR there's a freely available database starting with "M"
(not MIMS) from which he pulled the data. I seem to remember
it was originally intended for another handheld device (?Palm).
However, he'll know best.

> This does seem like a nice way to work with the data, as opposed to a
> web-app. I wonder if we could just place the data in a Berkeley XML DB
> and then we (or someone else may write one soon), a generic Berkeley
> XML-DB viewer (updater, etc). Just wondering out loud about it but it
> is neat that he put the data in XML.
I shall like to note that recently GnuMed has acquired a PHP
frontend to it's drug database tables such that entering/reviewing/
auditing of records is facilitated. Auditing not being well
integrated yet. The author is Ian Haywood and can be found on
gnumed-devel.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346