Re: Have VTK 4 now, on to Slicer...

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Maitland Bottoms wrote:

> Now that there is a more recent VTK in Debian,
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200209/msg01292.html
> perhaps it is time to look into Slicer.
>
> I had trouble with CVS access.
>
> $ export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous@cvs.spl.harvard.edu:/projects/cvs/slicer
> $ cvs login
> Logging in to
> :pserver:anonymous@cvs.spl.harvard.edu:2401/projects/cvs/slicer
> CVS password:
> cvs [login aborted]: unrecognized auth response from
> cvs.spl.harvard.edu: cvs pserver: cannot open
> /projects/cvs/slicer/CVSROOT/config: Permission denied
Why not obtaining the tar archive?  It seems that you have to fill out
the registration form even if I regard the license itself as DFSG free.

> Is it still worth packaging slicer?
I think so.  I do not know it personally and I definitely will not use
it myself but I regard it as a good piece of software which is worth to
be provided by Debian.

Thanks for you interest in Debian-Med