Re: PD Drug DB Helpful Link

> http://www.fda.gov/cder/ndc/

I haven't heard much feedback about this. I'm *very* excited.

The debian-med web pages mentioned something about a public domain
database. The FDA's NDC data is great for this at least for the United
States. The question is, though, how best to implement it?

>From the data I was able to find a specific product that I have the
Prescribing Information for. The listings told me the name of the
medication, the manufacturer, the active ingredient, strength,
classification, and how supplied (for the topical solution, it
correctly specified a strength of 10 mg/ml, bottle of 30 mL [Cleocin
T, NDC 0009-3116-01]).

Right now I'm like, "Yeah! A SOAP server!"

A series of DBM tables may work for distributing it, though, leaving
the implementation up to the end developers.

Any ideas or thoughts on this? Those outside of the US, what's your
take on this?

Best, Elizabeth