Re: Status of the Medicine Database

On Tue, 29 Oct 2002, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> > Did the author, Alex Caldwell M.D., ever reply?
>  http://www.psnw.com/~alcald/apothecary.html
I can't parse any license statement there and this was the original
problem.

> AFAIR there's a freely available database starting with "M"
> (not MIMS) from which he pulled the data. I seem to remember
> it was originally intended for another handheld device (?Palm).
> However, he'll know best.
Does anybody have time to find out:

       URL   _and_   License

I would set it on our todo list for packaging if people here decide
that it is worth packaging.

> I shall like to note that recently GnuMed has acquired a PHP
> frontend to it's drug database tables such that entering/reviewing/
> auditing of records is facilitated. Auditing not being well
> integrated yet. The author is Ian Haywood and can be found on
> gnumed-devel.
Same as above: Tell me whether it should be packaged and provided
by Debian in any form.