Re: VistA comments

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002, Smith, Todd wrote:

> developed.  The Hardhats and the maintainers of RPMS are always interested
> in patches and system improvements that are user contributed.
Moreover Vista is listed on our Debian-Med todo list:

   http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/research#vista

and we would be glad to support Vista in our Debian-Med project.
The problem is that I'm personally completely unable to do any useful
stuff with Vista even if I would get it packaged right into a Debian
package.  We certainly need somebody who is able to test and verify
functionality.  Building proper Debian packages would take the workload
for proper installation from system administrators and using Debian-Med
would bring a really free operating system for medical care which
might be appropriate for the environment you mentioned.