Re: Drug lists

> But, even when the data itself is ready, the next question is how are
> they to use it? "Link to BerekelyDB and open up file
> /usr/share/medications/whatever". Sure, but ideally this will be a
> product that end-users can simply install on their system. Other
> applications hook-in to it so that it provides medication info. We
> could even go so far as providing an HTTP front-end for them (from
> what I understand this isn't all tha difficult to do).

As Adrian Midgley and John Gage have pointed out time and
again on the openhealth list this is one of the ideal
candidates for a black box service. Content sitting on a box
with two well-defined interfaces. One for programmatically
talking to the content and one of the end-user to directly
browse it. It matters little what goes on behind the scenes as
long as that's secure and stable. Linux, Python, PostgreSQL,
and Apache seem well suited for this kind of endeavour.

Regards,
Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346