Re: SMILE

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Laurent Marsan wrote:

> I've just made a Debian package with the new tool we made, called SMILE.
> It's a software that allows to infer exceptionnal signals common to any
> kind of sequences (for instance, promoters in DNA or diagnostic motifs in
> proteic sequences).
This seem to would fit well into the microbiology section of
Debian-Med:
    http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/microbio

> If I've well understood, this package must now climb the Debian hierarchy
> to be included in the Debian library.
The package structure is quite flat - there is nothing to climb ...
Perhaps you might want to read the new maintainers guide.  If you
understand this the next step is to find a sponsor.  Because your
software fits well into Debian-Med I guess asking at the related
list is a good idea.  (That's why I think it is apropriate if I
foreward my answer to this list and I'm hoping it would be not
impolite if I quote you in public.)

> So I send you this Debian package and
> the sources of SMILE.
You missed *.diff.gz and *.dsc which are necessary to rebuild the
package for the Developer who might sponsor your package.

> The web page of smile is
>             http://www-igm.univ-mlv.fr/~marsan/smile.html
An English translation would help very much.

Kind regards and thanks for your work