Re: Ok sign me up.

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Nick wrote:

> Although the title doesn't suggest much towards the application side I
> am very familiar with many things that currently go on in the hospital.
I just encourage you to package just the stuff you are using in
your hospital (if it is free).  We need things from practice and
probably I did not realize some aspects which are important for
health care.

> I know perl/php/*sql, but I would like to help package up some of these
> projects.  I currently have a sun sparcstation20 running unstable if we
> want to compile these packages for sparc as well.
I also have access to a sparc machine for compiling issues, but it is
not necessary to do so.  Debian provides auto-compilers (at least for
the official Debian distribution = main.  The non-free stuff is not
autobuilded - topic of former flamewars :-) ...).
But for testing purpose it is nice to have such a machine ...

> Problems for me will be that I haven't packaged anything for debian
> before.  I will go look at the how-to from debian, but if anyone knows
> of better docs to read let me know.
Look at the "New Maintainers" pages and follow the instructions there.

> Should we start up something at
> Sourceforge?   The task list bug tracker and such at Sourceforge is a
> great tool.  Another project that is structured like ours is on
> sourceforge ( http://cosi-nms.sourceforge.net
> <http://cosi-nms.sourceforge.net> ).  They have made great progress with
> getting developers and maintaining links and CVS for all of their
> packages.
It is not necessary in my opinion to invent a further structure.  I see
no real advantage of other bug trackers over the Debian BTS.  But your
opinion may be considered.  Just explain the advantages and we could think
about it.

> Well I am off to learn a little about some of these programs we
> currently have.  Maybe I can even try to package one.
I'm sure we'll find sponsors for your packages if they will be finished.
Feel free to ask questions for packaging here.

> Nice to see this project coming together,
:)