Re: udisks2 breaks MTP support

On  Di 28 Mär 2023 07:59:41 UTC, Dan MacDonald wrote:

I installed MATE 1.26 under Debian testing amd64 last night and I was
unable to mount my phone via MTP under Caja until I ran

sudo system stop udisks2

So I now I have just disabled the udisks2 service so that I can access
my phone via MTP fine.

I can still access removable USB disks fine without udisks2 so what
purpose is it serving being installed by default when you install mate
under Debian?

To my understanding udisks2 handles discovery and gio-mounting of pluggable devices, so your observation indeed astounds me, as well.

@Martin: any additional insights from your p.o.v.?
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31