what is the clipboard package used in debian-mate ?

Dear all,

Please CC me if anybody answers.

I recently filed a question on unix.stackexchange.com [1] . Many a
times I have found the clipboard in Debian to be buggy although have
no idea whether it is mate-session-manager [2] which is responsible or
something more fundamental. I had a look at the clipboard tag in
unix.stackexchange.com and found that there were many who had similar
questions to me [3]  . Having at least some understanding about
clipboard which may go some way in understanding why it is sending
wrong input.

Looking forward to info.

P.S. Feel free to either answer here or there wherever is useful/practical.

1. https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/567729/getting-wrong-info-in-clipboard-under-debian-mate

2. https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/mate-session-manager

3. https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/tagged/clipboard

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल

E493 D466 6D67 59F5 1FD0 930F 870E 9A5B 5869 609C