Re: have a mate-desktop CD was Re: magnet links and pushing them to meta-search engines.

On Mar 16, 2018, at 1:03 PM, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com> wrote:

>> Lastly, would it be possible to have a mate-desktop CD apart from the
>> xfce one. While choice of desktop environment is certainly a personal
>> choice,  I feel it's a good lightweight yet at the same time fully
>> functional desktop environment. It isn't bloated as GNOME has become
>> but still tries to be true to the gtk+ philosophy.
>
> I *really* don't want to go down the route of multiple CD variants
> again. The xfce CD was already a concession here...

Hi Steve,

I’m asking from total ignorance, so forgive me if my question doesn’t make sense…

Is there a relatively simple way a normal Debian user (without special developer skills or access to special developer resources) can create a Debian Live CD/DVD/BD/USB-stick with their choice of packages?  The goal here would be for Sirish (and me too, for that matter) to be able to create our own Debian Live mate-desktop.  Generalizing a little bit: One could create a bootable Live USB-stick with a custom set of utilities (e.g. for network installation/testing/debugging).

Is that possible?

Thanks,
Rick